- 2 May 2021: ENCA, Food costs continue to rise: Household Affordability Index.
- 30 April 2021: Power FM, Latest Household Affordability Index by the Pietermaritzburg Economic Justice & Dignity group.
- 21 April 2021: ENCA, Discussion: How much do people need to survive?
- 3 April 2021: ENCA, South Africans paying more for food: survey.
- 31 March 2021: Moneyweb SAFM Market Update, Food prices likely to continue to go up in 2021 – index.
- 8 February 2021: SABC Radio, Research group denounces exorbitant, unethical increase in food prices during pandemic.
- 7 February 2021: Lotus FM, #NewsbreakTalk discusses exorbitant increase in food prices and investigation by the #Competition Commission.
- 1 February 2021: POWER FM, Household Affordability Index shows worrisome spike in food prices.
- 28 January 2021: ENCA, Household Affordability Index rises again.
- 28 January 2021: Cape Talk, Bumper crops, yet food prices are spiralling. Why? Something is not right.
- 28 January 2021: KFM 94.5, Food basket up again.
- 6 January 2021: SABC News, ‘Poverty and inequality have escalated due to COVID-19.’
- 6 January 2021: ENCA, Food prices rises.
- 6 January 2021: ENCA, Calls for Competition Commission to probe food value chain.
- 5 January 2021: CHAI FM Radio, Food prices saw a massive jump in 2020.
- 15 December 2020: Salaam Media, Grocery prices in SA has spiked during lock-down.
- 26 November 2020: Power FM Radio, SA’s Food prices soar amid Covid 19 economic challenges.
- 26 November 2020: Lotus FM, New data released shows a shocking increase in the average cost of the basic household food basket.
- 25 November 2020: Radio 702, Food prices are rising as we approach the Festive Season.
- 18 October 2020: ENCA, COVID-19 worsening food insecurity: expert.
- 17 October 2020: Newzroom Africa, The International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.
- 14 October 2020: Salaam media, Household Affordability.
- 13 October 2020: Radio 702, There’s an increase in cost of basic foods; social relief grant must remain.
- 26 August 2020: SAFM SUNRISE, Food prices up again in August.
- 30 July 2020: SAFM SUNRISE, Household Affordability Index and a Discussion Paper on Unemployment and a Basic Income Grant.
- 24 June 2020: SAFM SUNRISE, Household affordability thresholds now threaten to be further breached.
- 24 June 2020: ENCA, Cost of household food basket rising.
- 19 June 2020: SABC TV News, COVID-19 Pandemic | Study shows an increase of 30% in price of basic foods.
- 17 June 2020: Power FM Radio, South Africans spending 30% more on basic food items since lockdown began.
- 17 June 2020: ENCA TV NEWS, Consumers may now be spending 30% more on food.
- 17 June 2020: SABC Morning Live, Covid-19 Pandemic, Families may now be spending 30% more for essential foods.
- 16 June 2020: Cape Talk, Starving SA paying more for food under lockdown.
- 10 June 2020: e.TV News, Poor paying more for food.
- 9 June 2020: Radio 702, Grocery costs impacting heavily on families living on low incomes.
- 27 May 2020: Afrika News AM Report, Is the Government doing enough to help low-earning South Africans during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- 16 May 2020: PLAAS Webinar, Democratising South Africa’s food system in and beyond the crisis.
- 13 May 2020: COPAC Webinar, Worsening Food Crisis, – Exploring possibilities for partnership between Government, the Solidarity Fund and progressive civil society.
- 28 April 2020: Cape Talk, Food Prices Rocket.
- 23 April 2020: Cape Talk, ‘There is no way R350 Covid-19 grant can turn into the potential of a livelihood.’
- 21 April 2020: Voice of the Cape Radio, The Burning Issue: Why South Africa is facing a food crisis?
- 16 April 2020: SAFM Radio, Looking at the SASSA grant system in South Africa and its function during the national lockdown.
- 1 April 2020: ENCA, Household Food Index increase.
- 1 April 2020: Radio 702, The COVID19 lockdown and its impact on food security.
- 18 February 2020: ENCA, “3.8% is way, way too low:” Economic Justice activist on minimum wage increase.
- 30 January 2020: SAFM, Food prices continue to rise.
- 30 January 2020: eNCA, Household food basket jumps in price.
- 13 December 2019: SAFM Radio, Households struggling as prices increase.
- 13 December 2019: eNCA, Household affordability index shows price increase in food.
- 25 November 2019: eNCA, The national minimum wage isn’t enough to even cover the three core goods and services.
- 23 October 2019: SAFM, Household Food costs rises.
- 23 October 2019: eNCA, A spike in the price of vegetables.
- 23 October 2019: SAFM radio, Household Food costs rises.
- 16 October 2019: SAFM, The Mediated Conversation on issues around hunger, healthy food and accessibility.
- 29 August 2019: SAFM, The Poor Spending Less on Nutritious Food.
- 21 August 2019: PowerFM, Malnutrition is stunting our children and future work force.
- 28 May 2019: ENCA, Low income households struggling to survive.
- 28 May 2019: ENCA News, https://youtu.be/RA3GdjXhUtM.
- 27 March 2019: SAFM, How cost of living has changed over ten years.
- 5 February 2019: Moneyweb, Minimum wage will leave workers worse off – justice group.
- 7 February 2019: Channel Africa, #SONA Pensioners call on Ramaphosa to increase their grant.
- 7 February 2019: Power FM, The Pietermaritzburg Pensioner’s Forum request for a 13th cheque and an increase pension to a living wage.
- 8 February 2019: eNCA, Gogos ask for 13th cheque.
- 8 February 2019: Morning Live (SABC News), Pietermaritzburg Pensioners Forum calls for a living wage grant.