The Pietermaritzburg Economic Justice & Dignity Group conducts various research projects. Among these are:
- Monitoring: food price monitoring, household expenses monitoring, unemployment monitoring in the city (all fieldwork), and economic and social indicators monitoring (desktop).
- Monitoring the cost of goods and services, household affordability as well as wages and social grants.
- Research on the value use of old age grants and child support grants.
- Costing a living wage.
- Labour market in relation to – employment, unemployment and wage levels (real, National Minimum Wage and Living Wage).
- The objective of our grounded research is to bring to life the real picture of the current political economy and contest the hegemonic economic narrative.
See our research outputs